Last week, I struggled to get the Selenium Webdriver for Firefox working on my computer. I was receiving this error:
unable to connect to Mozilla geckodriver 127.0.0.1:4444 (Selenium::WebDriver::Error::WebDriverError)
I must have looked through hundreds(I’m exaggerating) of StackOverflows and still couldn’t get the error and when I began to give up. I finally got it working.
I started building some automations and I was having a great time. Then I ran into an issue where I couldn’t save the file. Soooo I decided to restart my machine. Big mistake.
When I got back into the computer, the whole file was gone!
All of it.
I was left trying to rebuild the file and I spent more hours trying to reproduce what I did before to no avail.
That’s when I kicked myself and resolved that whenever I spend more than 15 minutes solving a problem to write it down.
I didn’t get Selenium working with Firefox, but I did with this:
driver = Selenium::WebDriver.for :chrome
It’s working in Chrome. I prefer Chrome. I’m happy. Here’s to writing automations andwritingg everything down!